Menu
Marge666
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OTP delay from anyone

Why is it taking DAYS for OTPs to come through from bloody anyone???

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: OTP delay from anyone

It's an issue with Virgin. If you have WiFi Calling turning it off may help. 

This thread covers more than Santander 

Only 7 months and waiting for a fix

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages-Santander/td-p...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The only way to get over this problem is to change providers, as I am in the process of doing.

over 7 months, and VM are still 'looking into this' and there is NO solution in sight. It's obvious that they have NO INTENTION of even trying to sort this out, and don't even have the decency to admit it...

I have had to purchase a '3' PAYG sim, and contact my bank, building society, and various other institutions that now require OTP or 2FA to do any sort of financial business to change my contact number form VM to the '3' sim!!, because after over 7 MONTHS, VM STILL do not have a clue what is wrong, or how to fix it..

Staff are treating this problem as if it doesn't exist, ignoring complaints, and refusing to even post on this  problem any more. Shows just how much they REALLY care about 'customer service' 

Take your custom to a company that actually shows at least an interest in you, rather than this bunch of muppets, who are not interested in solving the problem, as long as they can dip into your bank account each month to pay their wages, why should they care.

VM is basically a company with no morals, and no interest in you once you have signed that contract, meaning they can treat you like dirt, and ignore you. 😡

envida
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As has been previously mentioned, this has been happening for ages. I was having the same problem way back in 2018/19 and it was a known issue then and Virgin were working on a fix back then too. I've re-joined Virgin Mobile a few times since then but have always left within the 14 day period because of the OTP delay issue. Using the same ported number each time

I've just got one of the new 5G SIMs that are on Vodafone's network rather than the legacy SIMs on EE's network so as to try again. I've been 'live' for about a week and so far haven't had any issues, receiving Santander, Google etc. OTPs pretty much immediately. Hopefully when they switch everyone across it will solve the problem for everyone. Until then, if you could somehow convince them to switch you to a 5G it may solve the issues you are having. Can't promise though, I may have just got lucky this time (though may have to leave because of lack of call forwarding this time 🙄 ).