Menu
beiderbeck
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK

Informed new Sim card needed - alleged posted - not arrived- umpteen requests to se/re-send - no acknowledgement at all over many months - text requests would not send - no idea how to actually speak to anyone on phone - (strange - no phone number for Virgin?) Now informed I must insert new SIm or lose service !  Help - how do I actually get one. Note - they seem to use an auto address system - that is a faulty way of addressing post to some postcodes.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: OK

Thanks for the post Beiderbeck and welcome to our community. 

Can we please confirm if you've received the SIM card since your post? 

If not, can we please confirm if you've made sure to update the address on your online account as this is where we would send the SIM card? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
beiderbeck
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM card replacement not arrived

In reply - I cannot even get logged into my account due to technical work.  Virgin has not listened to my plea for a manual entry of the address to send the SIM card to over many months, and also has not replied to my complaints. It is impossible ot speak to anyone - the 789 number just sends me back to FAQs.  Postal operations appear to just enter the postcode and the number of the property. In my case, because the number of the property in the complex shares the same postcode as a property on the main road - it will never arrive - unless - the exact address on the account is entered MANUALLY in full.  Of course the address is up to date - I checked that several times, but today Virgin accounts seem to be unavailable.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am very sorry about this and for the delay between responses. 

We can manually order you a SIM card from here and I'd love to help. 

Please reply to the message I'm sending now and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
beiderbeck
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks  - please send to the address as it appears on the account for 07722115707, and I do hope it will work on a phone which is NOT a smartphone

Ian

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The new SIM has now been ordered for you, it will arrive within a few days. 

Let us know how you get on with it and if you need any help activating it. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
beiderbeck
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Stellar performance by your team - will advise when new SIM card arrives. Hope it works in my nonsmart phone !  Thanks Ian

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If it doesn't work in your new phone please let us know as soon as possible so we can assist with other arrangements 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos