cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 switch - Family Plan

MrBenj
On our wavelength

Under VM Mobile, I had three separate mobile numbers under the one online account using a single e-mail address.

Now all three numbers have been "switched", they have all been set up as individual accounts. Calling O2 they say they are unable to bring all three numbers together under one e-mail address and I would need a separate e-mail address for each number!! They advised I need to contact VM to complain and as usual, when I try and discuss I get hung up on (that's one thing I won't miss quite frankly).

Has anyone else experienced this and found a resolution?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MrBenj,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear you've been struggling to bring all your mobile numbers under one account, after migrating to O2. 

I am sorry if this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but as your mobile service is now under O2, we are unable to assist further. O2 would need to take on your complaint and provide a resolution for you. It doesn't sound right that you've been advised that you'd need a separate email address for each number.

I would advise to try contacting them again and see what they advise.

I'm sorry that we couldn't be of more help.

Beth

MrBenj
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply Beth.

You'll never guess what O2 said? It was VM fault for the way that the numbers were transferred and to make a complaint I would need to take it up with VM. It really hacks me off that no-one ever takes ownership.

Looks like I'll be moving across to EE to set up a proper family account.

MrB

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MrBenj O2 are not at present combining accounts until the Virgin to O2 move at the end of the year, so they are right when they say it can't be done at present

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MrBenj
On our wavelength

Thanks

My apologies @MrBenj 

Once the merge has been completed, should the option be available to we can look at merging your accounts. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley