cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 numbers can’t call me after I ported from O2 to Virgin

Rachel135
Joining in

About 3 weeks ago I took out a new Virgin mobile contract and ported my number over from O2. That seemed to go smoothly - I could make calls and the number that appeared on the other phone was the ported one, and I could receive calls from other people calling me on that number. However, it soon became clear that people on O2 cannot call me. When they try it doesn’t ring, and says the number is not recognised. Just to be clear, I can call them, and people not on O2 can call me. But people on O2 can’t get through to me. Five different people on O2 have tried and none had any success. I have contacted Virgin about this several times, and gone through many stages of trying to change settings on my phone. All were fruitless, which is exactly what I would expect given that I’m sure the issue is not with my phone because the calls are getting nowhere near my phone. The issue has also been attributed to a mast in my area not working properly, which is nonsense because I do have signal and can receive calls from people not on O2. Obviously I understand that these processes have to be followed to eliminate all simple fixes. However, this really needs to be escalated to a technical team. I was told (12 days ago) that it had been, that it should be fixed within a few days and that the person I spoke to in the call centre would ring me last Thursday (6 days ago) to follow up. She didn’t, and I’m fed up of wasting hours on WhatsApp messages and calls to Virgin. I saw that some people have reported similar issues on this forum and maybe had some success with a fix, so I thought I’d give it a go. Weirdly, I can receive text messages from O2 numbers, but calls don’t work. It seems to me that it’s some kind of routing problem, or an issue with how my number is registered on the network (or with O2). Perhaps the porting did not complete properly? (Although Virgin say it has). I certainly don’t think it’s a coincidence that it is the network I have moved from that has the issue. I have also tried contacting O2 but they says they can’t troubleshoot another network (and this seems reasonable to me - even though the issue really seems to be with them, I’m not their customer and so Virgin need to talk to them to fix it).

Hoping someone on here can help! Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rachel135.

Thank you for posting. Welcoming you with big virtual arms onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are having a number port issue.

I will be private messaging you.

Please look out for the purple envelope.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I am having the same problem. Please can you help me? 

Sparrow1971
Joining in

Hi Rachel.   I’d love to know if your problem has been resolved as it’s 3 weeks since I switched from o2 to Virgin but I can’t receive any calls at all from any network or landline numbers or receive texts.   Been told it’s a routing issue but no idea how much longer I have to wait.  

Hi @Sparrow1971 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing similar issues with receiving calls from O2 lines. We can understand the frustration caused. I can however see you have recently been in contact with our team and an IT ticket has been raised for you. Please bear with our team while they work on this case for you. They will aim to get back to you as soon as possible with a resolution.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs