cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Volt SIM now my oomph one will cease

ic2
On our wavelength

Hi 

i got the 1GB BB upgrade as part of the Volt package, I then got a text saying as I have moved from the oomph package my oomph SIM will cease on Dec 13. 
I then saw that I should get a O2 SIM to replace it and port the old number over but it’s been about 2 weeks now and no sign of the O2 SIM. Spoke to CS a couple of times and I just keep bouncing back between VM mobile and O2?

Are my assumptions correct or do I need to ask for a O2 SIM and do it that way; it’s not clear to me?

regards. 

8 REPLIES 8

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ic2, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for the problems you've had arranging the O2 SIM for your Volt package. 

Unfortunately we as VM staff don't have access to O2 customer accounts, you would need to contact them regarding the SIM as per the info provided here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-o2-benefits

If there's anything else please let us know.

Tom

Jadieb88
Joining in

Hi ic2,

How have you got along with this?

I am currently having the same issue, I’ve changed my package from oomph bundle to volt bundle.

My tv/ broadband is sorted, but nobody has mentioned the O2 SIM card, and like yourself, I haven’t been able to get any help from Virgin or O2.

O2 keep telling me that Virgin have to set an account up, then they will send the sim, and Virgin just say they can’t access O2 systems.

So… I don’t know anymore, I’m close to just cancelling everything now

ic2
On our wavelength

Hi

in the end, I ended up getting one myself and porting the number across. But as it was unlimited everything, I never saw any savings. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ic2,

Thank you for coming back and updating us on this issue. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve this issue and port your number across.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jadieb88,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm very sorry to hear that you're in a similar situation and having some issues with your Volt package.

I'm very sorry to hear that you keep getting conflicting situations. If you have received your Volt speed boost, then your Volt package will be active. 

We would advise getting in touch with our friends at O2 and looking into this issue a little further. 

Did you sign up to Volt via the Virgin Media team, or via the MyO2 app? Let us know if you can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Paulina_Z,

Thank you for your response.

I was on the Ultimate Oomph bundle that included Maxit TV, M600 broadband, landline and unlimited virgin oomph sim, but my contract was due to end so I renewed via the virgin retentions team. Now I’m on the Ultimate Volt bundle which is Maxit TV, 1Gig broadband, landline and unlimited O2 volt sim.

I have received the Hub4 from virgin and that is up and running, although I am just getting the same speeds as I previously was, but in regards to the new O2 SIM card I don’t know where that is.

I am still using my virgin oomph sim at the moment, but presume that will be disconnected at some point, and I want to transfer my number over too so need to get it sorted asap.

When I renewed my package the advisor never gave any instructions in regards to the SIM card process, so I just presumed that because it is part of the bundle then there would be some form of communication between Virgin and O2 and the SIM card would be sent so I can then request a PAC and complete the switch?

I had spoken to several people from both Virgin and O2 now, who basically keep referring me back to each other. O2 say Virgin haven’t activated my account with them to send a SIM card, and Virgin just say they don’t have access to the O2 system.

Any help is much appreciated

In addition to my previous reply, I have just spoken with O2 again for the second time today. They said that Virgin Media need to assign a number to me then they can issue the SIM card.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jadieb88,

Thank you for coming back to me and for providing me more information about this issue. I'm very sorry to hear that you've been calling both teams back and forth in order to get this issue resolved. I can understand that this must have been frustrating. 

I'll be more than happy to discuss and investigate this issue with you further via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page, and I will be in touch with you soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team