cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port Virgin > O2 > Virgin

Jr10
Tuning in

Long story short, I wanted to move plans on Virgin Mobile but I couldn’t because my account was due to transition to O2. So I waited until I was transitioned to O2, then bought a new SIM only plan on Virgin, and initiated a number port from O2 to the new Virgin SIM.

The port was scheduled for today, my O2 SIM deactivated around 11am but my number has still not showed up on my new Virgin SIM (7pm).

How long should this take, and has anyone else ported back to VM after being transferred from VM > O2?

8 REPLIES 8

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jr10,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced, can I ask when was the port requested?

Also are you currently experiencing no service on the phone?

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain

The port was requested yesterday (18 May) and port was scheduled for today. My number has left my old SIM which now has no service. I have service on my new SIM however it does not yet have the number I want to port to it.

Thanks

Hi @Jr10 👋

We have some info 👉 here which advises when you should expect your number to be switched over depending on when the port request was made. 

Let me know if you have any further questions or require additional support. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The number port was due to complete yesterday but hasn’t - I am still waiting. Please can you look in to this for me?

I'd like to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM 📩 now to confirm some details and we can take it from there.

Speak soon! 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jr10
Tuning in

Hello @Ayisha_B or someone from the forum team, please could you update me on the port.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to say ports don't take place at Weekends (Sat, Sun) Monday would now be the earliest

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jr10
Tuning in

Ok thanks.

It appears that the port has partially happened - if I call out the ported number is shown on persons phone, but people cannot call or text me.