cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number hasn't ported – stuck in limbo.

MF999
Joining in

Hi,

I trying here as I’m not getting any help speaking to Vigin Customer Services and this is an issue that goes back to 21st April!

I recently moved from O2 to Virgin Mobile with a SIM only tariff.

A PAC code was provided to VM and a new SIM card was received with a temporary number while the new number was ported across.

Via the status report in my account the original number should have ported across on the 25th April – however it states that this is still processing!

The temporary number is no longer working and my original number only appears to work if I’m called from someone also on the Virgin network, I cannot receive calls form anyone on a non Virgin network. I can also not send or receive texts etc.

This is beyond frustrating and as I’m self employed this is now really effecting my business as customers can’t contact me – I’m really wishing I never moved at this point!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @MF999  👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your number being ported over, I can certainly understand the frustration with this 😔

I'll do my best to assist you with this, I'll pop you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @MF999 😊 I'm glad that this issue is now sorted for you. 

I appreciate your patience while chasing the resolution for you.

As you are also new to VM, if you need to view any bills, change your package, or update your services, this can be done by creating an online account here.

If you need any additional handset help, we also have a full range of handset user guides here.

Please do let us know if you need anything further, we are always happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules