cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number deactivated and not reinstated

Ourlass
Tuning in

Hi I was messaging with Paul_DN on Friday about my number being deactivated when migration to O2 failed. I was told the number would need to be reinstated then I'd need to get a PAC code and ask for manual migration. Paul said it had been successfully migrated to O2 so Virgin can't help but they say my number isn't with them. Please can anybody help?

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ourlass,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Would you mind clarifying exactly what's been advised by O2 about this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Ourlass
Tuning in

Hi Zach, they said I would have to get a new O2 contract and then they would try to retrieve the number. But the contract they offered was £7 a month more, and for 24 months (my previous was one month). They cut me off after two hours of being on hold/talking to three advisors.

Hi @Ourlass

They wouldn't need to provide you with a new number if you've been advised that it's been transferred across to their network and platform.

What did they advise when you asked for them to search for the mobile number?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Ourlass
Tuning in

They said it wasn't currently an O2 number.

Hi @Ourlass

If it's no longer with us then there's nothing that we'll be able to do and you'll need to have further conversations with O2 if there's an issue. However, I'll send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a closer look for you.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Ourlass
Tuning in

Thank you

Hi @Ourlass

No problem. Feel free to respond to the private message when you're ready and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team