Menu
Jojomeadows
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Number changeover not complete and some people can't call me now

Hi, my number was supposed to changeover with this new virgin sim and it partially has, but on text messages the new sim card number shows up, not my original number. Also, my husband cannot call me. He phones my number as usual but gets a short calling abroad type sound and then it cuts off. Everyone else has no problem calling me. Can anyone help. Jo

0 Kudos
Witsenday
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number changeover not complete and some people can't call me now

Hi,

A quick read of the posts suggests Virgin Mobile are having technical difficulties, though I can't confirm this. Hopefully one of the forum team members will be able to assist you shortly.

I've just recently joined myself, and can't receive any calls or texts after porting my number from BT.

The only thing I can suggest in the meantime is to follow the troubleshooter for your device and see if that helps.

https://devicesupport.virginmedia.com

All the best.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number changeover not complete and some people can't call me now

Hi Jojomeadows,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear all your services aren't working on your Mobile after porting your number into us,

When a number is ported in you can lose services for up to 24 to 48n hours while this completes.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos