Menu
Filo24
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Number change - complicated!

Hi,

I've had my daughter on my Virgin Media mobile account for a while and since she's now an adult she decided to take over payment and management of her account. There was a great deal for a SIM only contract at the beginning of January, so she applied for it.

The advice said to get PAC code and then enter that to keep her number. However, at the time we did not realise this does not apply if her 'old' number was a Virgin Media number. She would very much like to keep her original number rather than change to the new one supplied with her SIM card.

In short, what we would like to do is keep the new plan she's signed up for, but transfer her old number to it.

We have tried phoning 789 to talk this over with customer services but the number is temporarily out of service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Number change - complicated!

Only way is for her to get a PAC code for her original SIM and apply it to a cheap PAYG.

She will then have to get a PAC code from them and apply it to the new Virgin account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Filo24
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! That's a great idea!

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@enlli has said it best @Filo24

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk