Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Notice period contract termination charge when changing sim only plan

I changed from a pay monthly Classic sim only plan, which I'd been on for years, to a current sim only plan and have been charged an additional  notice period contract termination fee on the old plan. 

On my August bill I was charged for part tariff on my old plan, part tariff on my new plan and a notice period contract cancellation charge on the old plan.

Called CS to sort it out and was told no payment would be taken for the September bill but have just had the DD notice confirming the new monthly charge would be taken as normal.

Previously I've changed plans and tariffs with immediate effect with no additional contract termination charges.

Please can a mod look into this.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notice period contract termination charge when changing sim only plan

Good Morning twixt,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with the changing of your tariff and ultimately with the billing of the account.

Can you please advise me if you've been able to have this resolved by our team or if this is still on going?

Please drop a response below if you need assistance and we'll seek to get to it

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notice period contract termination charge when changing sim only plan

Hi David_Bn

Thanks for your response. No, this hasn’t been resolved.

More info: I changed from the classic Essential £25 sim only tariff to the new £10 sim only tariff on 23rd July. My tariff allowance runs from 15th to 14th of the next month. so I was 9 days into the July - Aug allowance paid for on my July bill.  When changing tariff the CS completely terminated  my contract - I got the ‘sorry you’re leaving' emails - and then set up a new contract.

As the allowance charges are paid for in advance I’d already paid for the July to Aug allowance on the July bill. Please can you look into how changing my £25 tariff to a new £10 tariff 9 days into the new allowance resulted in the £24.67 Aug bill. I was expecting a refund on the £25 July - Aug allowance charge already paid for. Many thanks in advance.

July to Sept bill details below:

15 July bill:

Mobile charges:
Allowance period: 15 July to 14 Aug Essential tariff £25

15 Aug bill:

Mobile charges :
Allowance period:
23 July -14 Aug Past month new tariff £11.13 (less monthly tariff discount £3.71)
15 Aug - 23 Aug Past month new tariff: Essential tariff £7.25
15 Aug - 14 Sept Next month new tariff £15 (less monthly tariff discount £5)

Total £24.67

!5 Sept bill:

Mobile charges: allowance period 15 Sept - 14 Oct £10

0 Kudos