Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not registered on network

Error message: Unable to connect to network....

My phone is unable to send/receive calls or texts and I've tried everything on Virgin's support pages to fix this issue but am drawing blanks now. Even a brand new sim didn't resolve the problem, nor did a factory reset. Trying to access other network operators doesn't make any difference either.

The problem first happened after trying to upgrade from a rolling contract to a full contract through Virgin's website (the order subsequently failed so am stuck with my old phone). The site asked for my current mobile number in order to transfer it, so I entered it. Almost immediately, a text came through saying something along the lines of "your number will be transferred soon"). That was the end of my connectivity, about 11 days ago now.

Before requesting a new sim from the customer helpline, I contacted their online support numerous times and each occasion, they eventually transferred the online chat to their Mobile Care Team, who never responded, so I'm assuming they're closed because of COVID?

I'm just wondering what else can be done? It seems highly coincidental the issue started the instant Virgin messaged to confirm network changes, so I'm assuming the issue is at their end somewhere. Can anybody PLEASE advise what else can be done?!!

Thanks 😀

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not registered on network

Just to clarify... the call centre couldn't see any reason why the network would be causing issues, or any reason apart from a dodgy sim (which has been replaced). Everything is up to date with bills etc and the local EE services are working fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi CP007, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the experience you've had, and I am sure it has been frustrating. I am unable to give you any answers because in this case, I would need to check the account as I would just be shooting in the dark by making suggestions in this case. I am going to send you over a private message. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Managed to get it sorted in the end, took a bit of trial and error. Maybe one or a combination of the following things worked on Android 7.0:

Went to my Virgin account and noticed the SIM card hadn't been registered. The instructions that came with it mentioned a PIN number dialogue may appear when new card installed but this didn't happen. 

In Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.... I created a new access point and entered these details into it link.

In Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators, Select Automatically...... eventually found the right network but manually selecting Virgin or any other network always failed.

In Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode..... it was on LTE/4G by default so changed it to 3G and suddenly texts started coming through and calls could be made 😜😍

I'm not suggesting anyone plays around with these settings but this was a last ditched attempt to get the phone working and thankfully something finally worked!

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well thank you for letting me know, I really appreciate that. 

If you need a hand with anything else in the future, be sure to let me know 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team