Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not recognising Im already a customer

I cracked my screen on my phone today so went to upgrade (its out of date anyway)

Went through and selected everything while logged in on my mobile account. However got to checkout and it wants to add £9 per month to the contract because Im apparently do not have TV/Phone/Broadband registered with you.

I can assure you I do pay for all and for some reason when I got a mobile a new account was created, no big deal or so I thought. It is registered to the same home address.

Is there somewhere I can actually merge them myself so it recognises them to be the same place?

Last time you upgraded my phone you said Id be on the same package but found I went from Unlimited data to 4gb while paying the same (and more than a new 100gb plan would be). So Id rather be able to do this myself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not recognising Im already a customer

when you say the accounts are at the same address. are the account holders name the same? or are they different people?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yep.. Same name, same address, same DD.

Even signed up using the same email, which is why I think its separated them, broadband login email is VM but the Mobile is a non-VM that we had before getting VM.

Still doesnt explain why the system says that theres no services at the address, does explain why I get mail asking me to sign up for tv/broadband and also those telling me how wonderful my usage of VM is.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @wildride

Thanks for your query - sorry that your mobile account isn't recognising your cable account - does it give you an option to say you do have services? Usually when upgrading it will ask if you have a cable account and will have a tick box for either Yes or No to choose from? 

I have located both accounts from here and can see they are indeed the same account holder and same address... 

Keep us posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I ended up going through the customer portal to order, just not sure if its been done right as got the phone, no sim or pre-order extras yet or information on them being sent. So contacting them again when I get a chance to find out, as Im not confident they put me down for a new sim or to keep my existing.

When I was ordering I could only progress via new sim as keeping current number required me to call the team and everytime I use the phone team something goes wrong. ie the OP problem and had one where we called to cancel landline phone and they cancelled everything, TV, Phone, Broadband.

As for your question while ordering it does give the option to say you have the services but at the final step it turned around and said it could not find existing services at the address and took the monthly bill from £11 to £20 with no way to challenge it there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @wildride

As mentioned, I have located your account and can see your upgrade; in order to chat more freely about it and the package cost, I'll pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and get things cleared up 🙂 

Please look for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop back a reply when you can 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide