Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not recieving text messages

Since my last update dating 29th september 2020 I dont receive any text message unless they are through wifi until the following day, my signal is medium in the house but full when I'm at work and I still dont receive them until at least 12 hours after they have been sent. It's getting really frustrating as my phone is used to have contact with work colleagues. Everything else works perfectly fine. Anyone else having this issue or any ideas on what I can do to prevent it from happening all the time please. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not recieving text messages

Hi Nessa72

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue since your last update. 

Can you please confirm which handset you are using please?

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

I am using the samsung a80 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 🙂 

To rule our a SIM card issue, do you have another handset that you could try the SIM in?

If you find this still happens in a different handset, we may need to look at a replacement card for you.

After moving the SIM over, if you find that texts are coming through as normal we will then need to look in to what could be causing this on the handset. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay, I will try another phone tomorrow. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, unfortunately my old phone doesnt work anymore so unable to try a different phone. I'm receiving phone calls as normal but still not having texts through until following day. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Nessa72 

Sorry to hear that it's still not worked for you, and apologies for the delay in response. 

Is it just certain numbers you aren't getting texts from, or all? Is it OTAP's from the bank that don't come through? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Is wifi calling switched on? If it is, switch it off and texts should come through.

0 Kudos