Menu
Samsamma
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving texts

Help please - Getting really frustrated tried to contact virgin but they’ve made it so difficult - I have two mobile phone accounts with virgin - both are not receiving text messages- I need verification codes for many things and I’m getting them a day late which is useless.

any help would be much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving texts

Hi Samsamma

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the delayed reply and the text messaging issue. 

How're things since posting? I hope everything is fixed, however I have enclosed a phone fix guide to help further 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nice big thread on Verification codes

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages-Santander/td-p...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ranjiani
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have been having problems with proper signals at home and work. I am having difficulty receiving calls and texts recently especially text messages with activation codes that require to be used within a short period of time. Not happy with the service. It’s not a fault with the mobile device as I receive texts from other people which I have checked and verified. Virgin needs to sort the signal problems and upgrade the coverage. I have been with virgin with more than 3 years now.. didn’t have much network issues until recently. I had three mobile contracts with Virgin,   cancelled two of them due to their poor service. I’m still in a contract; otherwise I would have moved already. Can someone find a solution to this? 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nothing Virgin can do about signal as they don't own the network. The upcoming move to Vodafone may change that.

The text messaging problems seem longstanding and I have seen no answers. That should be taken into account when you come to the end of your contract 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ranjian, 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to forums 🙂
I am sorry to hear you are having issues sending and receiving texts I have looked into your area and can see it has good coverage.

What handset do you have? Is the coverage better outside?

Zoie

0 Kudos
ranjiani
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply. Yes the signal is better outside. I receive some texts.. e.g from friends and family... but not any authentication code or activation code. I use iPhone XR. There’s nothing wrong with the phone.

0 Kudos
ranjiani
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have no problem sending messages 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, ranjiani,

This will need to be looked at Mobile Networking & Faults.  I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
ps2mint
Dialled in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Do you have WiFi calling switched on? There’s a long standing issue with wifi calling and texts - they come through eventually but 12 hours later. Virgin seem clueless and are unable to fix this issue. I left them because of this reason.