Menu
StevieGoodman92
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving incoming calls

For the last 4 weeks i haven't been receiving 90% of my incoming calls. It say the person you're trying to call is temporarily unavailable or it says you're being diverted to voicemail. My phone doesn't even ring or acknowledge a missed call. I have called customer services 5 times and have been told they will fix the issue and every time it hasn't worked. I went to a virgin mobile shop and they gave me a new SIM card and told me this would work....it hasn't, I've also tried turning my voicemail off and that hasn't worked either. I have been with Virgin for 3 years and I'm now considering cancelling both phone contracts, my home phone, broadband and TV package because it's driving me mad paying for a phone that I cannot use. Has anyone else been able to fix this problem and can give me some help?? It seems to be happening to a lot of people 🙄
0 Kudos
Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving incoming calls

Hi StevieGoodman92,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I deeply apologise for the troubles you've been experiencing with incoming calls. I can see how much of an inconvenience this is.

This sounds to me like it could be signal related as a replacement SIM hasn't made any difference.. Could you please answer the following questions:-

What is the make and model of handset you're using?

Do notice this happening more when you're at home?

If so, put your postcode into the EE Network Status Checker. Does it show an issue?

If you go outside of your area, can you then receive calls fine?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
StevieGoodman92
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It happens all the time no matter where I am, I've never had a problem with signal. I have an iPhone 7

Thanks
0 Kudos
Daniel_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us StevieGoodman92.
Really sorry the issue is still there.

The next step is to backup your handset and from there do a fully factory restore and see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
StevieGoodman92
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 124
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Done a factory reset and still not working, it's been 6 weeks now and no progress at all.

Stevie
0 Kudos
StevieGoodman92
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Done a factory reset and it still isn't working it's been 6 weeks now and I'm strongly considering just cancelling. Spoke to VM on the phone (again) and they've said I'll have to send my handset off for repair which will take over a week, I have a newborn baby and no house phone so practically being without a phone for a week isn't an option so I'm now stuck paying £50 a month for a phone that doesn't work
0 Kudos
Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Hi StevieGoodman92,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing a problem with your handset not receiving incoming calls. Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. 

Are you able to test your SIM card in a different handset to see if this fixes the problem? That way we will know if your handset needs to be sent off to the repair centre or not, as you've already been given a replacement SIM card and this didn't fix the problem.

If you are still having a problem with this, please complete our online Phone Fix diagnostics. You can access Phone Fix by:

• Log into Your Account online, then go to Plan and device, click on Phone repairs button
  • Go to Phone Fix via our online Help & Support pages

Thanks,

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
StevieGoodman92
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Already spent 4 hours in the Apple Store convincing them there was a problem and they've replaced my iPhone with a brand new one I'm also now on my 4th SIM card and still not working
0 Kudos
StevieGoodman92
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Already spent 4 hours in the Apple Store convincing them there was a problem and they've replaced my iPhone with a brand new one I'm also now on my 4th SIM card and still not working I've spent at least 12 hour on the phone to virgin trying to fix this and nothing has worked
0 Kudos
Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Hi StevieGoodman92,

Please post a screen shot on here of what the EE Network Status Checker shows for your post code: EE Network Service Checker.

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos