Menu
Riki
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving incoming calls - the person you're trying to call is temporarily unavailable

Hi,

After receiving a sim-card replacement, about 80% of users cannot get through.  They have a message: the person you're trying to call is temporarily unavailable. I checked in several locations, called the Virgin helpline twice for help, and followed all the recommendations. For a year before the card was replaced, the problem did not occur.

Description of the problem. For example, I am sitting in my office or at home and I have 4 out of 5 bars. Friends report that they cannot call me.

Also noticed today during an outgoing call (2 bars out of 5) that I got disconnected. After which the phone searched for the network for 5-10 seconds, after which I had 5 bars out of 5.

It looks as if the phone is constantly switching to a different transmitting mast. I did the factory format of the phone and it didn't help either.
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving incoming calls - the person you're trying to call is temporarily unavailable

Hi Riki,

Than you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your phone is only receiving 80% of calls since you added a new Sim card, which handset it is, have you tried the new Sim in a different phone to see if the same occurs?

Is the phone from us and still under warranty?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Riki
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving incoming calls - the person you're trying to call is temporarily unavailable

Hi Paul,

The phone is new (about 9 month old) but not from Virgin.

Had no such problems before sim-card replacement. After replacement I had an SMS (or two)  from Virgin with some settings, so I used them.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for explaining further @Riki

Have you tried the Sim in an alternative handset to see if the issue persists?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos