cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving any calls or texts

CraigMc22
Just joined

Hi, I am having many issues with Virgin right now and need resolution ASAP.

1. After switching from EE to Virgin and porting my phone number, I have not been able to receive any Phone calls or Texts. I have contacted support many times and this has been unhelpful so far.

I can receive calls from other Virgin users, but not from numbers outside of the network. Therefore I can't receive verification texts or important phone calls. This issue has been persistent for over 4 weeks. 

2. I am unable to register my Virgin Mobile account. When setting a password it gives me the error message that the password cannot be used.

7 REPLIES 7

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CraigMc22 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you here 😊

I am sorry you're having some issues with the service. Appreciate this isn't ideal!

Checking on things this end, I note you have just spoke to our team and they have raised a ticket with our support team for you. 

The estimated SLA is 15/02/2023. 

The team will investigate this backend and get in touch. 

Alternatively, we can look to get a replacement SIM ordered for you to see if this helps. 

In regards to signing up for your online account, can you please ensure you are following all of the below criteria when choosing a password.

• Between 8-64 characters.
  • Must start with a letter.
  • Contain at least one number.
  • Contains only one of these special characters: !@~&*_

You should also try registering through the app or through another browser as that may help. 

Let us know how you get on so we can offer further support if required. 

Many thanks!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

madmakem1
Joining in

I am having the exact same problem. Number ported from EE as well. How was it resolved (if it has!!!)?

I am having exactly the same issues as CraigMc22, new sim didn't work.  How was this matter resolved,  got phone for my granddaughter in February still not fixed.  Very,  very annoying. 

Hi madmakem1,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that your granddaughter is unable to receive any calls or text. 

Can we ask when you were sent the new sim card? What happens when you try to call the number? Do you get a message or does the call cut off. What happens when you try to send a text message to the number?

Are you able to make outgoing calls and send text fine?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Got new sim , still the same. When I try to call my granddaughter it states I dialed an incorrect number and ends the call.  My who is still with virgin is the only one left who can ring her.

Hi madmakem1, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are not able to receive calls or texts, can you confirm if the data connection is working as this uses a different part of the network ^Chris. 

Yes, the data is working OK.