Menu
V18REL
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving all text messages

Hi all, I have an iPhone 11, transferred my number from Vodafone to virgin. All sorts of problems, when I receive a phone call I can see the number but I don’t know who is calling even if the caller is on my contact list. I was making calls and was ringing some random people in Belgium. I contacted virgin support and I switched something off and now I can make phone calls. I don’t receive any text messages from another  network apart from virgin, WiFi call turned off. This is a real struggle for the last 3 months or so, really concerned as my contract will run out in nearly 3 years. Any help will be much appreciated . Thank you

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not receiving all text messages

I can help with the Belgium problem

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Also, as the number was ported. Sign out of your Apple ID, reboot your phone and then log in to Apple again. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi V18REL,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see Enlli gave you some really useful advice above, was this helpful with your issue?

If you still need help I will be more than happy to look for you.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
V18REL
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

thank you both for the replay, I followed the advice and now I will wait to see if the problem was sorted. Will let you know ASAP, thanks again 

0 Kudos
V18REL
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Megan, 

I followed Enlli advice but I still don’t receive messages. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi V18REL, thanks for the message, can you confirm if you are still having this issue? Can you try deleting the number and message thread to see if anything changes? Chris

0 Kudos
V18REL
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chris, still same problems, nothing working. I don’t receive any messages at all. I deleted the number and add it back on, starting with 0044 and still no joy. Any idea why I receive a phone call from people on my contact list and I don’t know who’s calling? Thank you 

0 Kudos
ps2mint
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you using WiFi calling with your device? There’s a known issue where texts can take hours to come through if WiFi calling is enabled.

Virgin refuse to acknowledge that there is an issue however.

0 Kudos