cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving OTP number and SMS code from Virgin Money unable to access account

Kevh1907
Tuning in

I'm not receiving SMS verification / authentication codes from Virgin Money UK. I've been on the phone with them and they say others are having the same problem and the issue is with Virgin Mobile. I have tried the things mentioned in the other threads: airplane mode and rebooting the phone.

7 REPLIES 7

MeepCB24
Tuning in

Same,

When I called Virgin Money two months ago about not getting an auth code they immediately asked if I was on Virgin Mobile and set my account to call my landline. However they appear to have reset to send to mobile but have not fixed the issue. So again I'm locked out of my account until they open again.

There is clearly an issue with Virgin Mobile and blocking some texts (this is not the first company that say they have issue sending texts to them) but also Virgin Money are useless for not having any alternative option but to wait till they open customer service lines again.

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

This has been an 'ongoing' problem for over 18 MONTHS (see thread below!)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages/td-p/4328952/p...

VM are NO NEARER fixing this than when it was first reported, and it is VERY obvious that they are not even bothering, despite the repeated 'cut and paste' messages from 'staff'  stating that 'they are looking into it, and will post updates as soon as we have any news'  (after 18 months of this message, it's obvious that they 'don't have any updates, because there aren't any, and there NEVER WILL BE!!)

That's the TRUTH.

Best bet is to move on, cut your losses, and get a PROPER provider. (VM are the ONLY operator that DOESN'T provide this service)

Yup, I've already started looking at the alternatives.

In a world were SMS is essential for such key things as security access, or texts from the NHS this is just not good enough and as you say no indication they have any intent to fix.

Hi @Kevh1907 and @MeepCB24

Thanks for posting. I shall PM both now to get some details and get this passed on for you.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for sending me those details @MeepCB24

I've flagged this now with the team. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jrh2254
Joining in

This is still happening. Had to call Virgin customer services to get my account set to call my landline. This is very frustrating. Is a fix going to be available soon.

Went through the process of switching the phone on/off, making sure wifi calling was off, etc, etc.

Hey jrh2254, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having trouble getting codes from Virgin Money.

Please can you confirm this is only happening from Virgin Money and no other companies such as Paypal for example?

Have you tried putting an 7 instead of the 0 there when it pops up? 

Are all other normal SMS coming through? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?