Menu
ShanaGroen
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving OTP from any banks/ online services

I have been with virgin mobile a while now, and after struggling with receiving OTP from banks (who recently introduced this for ALL online purchases) I contacted virgin to ask what was the problem, not only was the customer service employee very rude and short with me, but all anyone at virgin can tell me is it is an issue they have had for long and can’t fix it?! Why wasn’t I informed this when opening a contract with them? I then got told that I should switch to another service ?! Oh yes that’s so easy let me quickly pay off my phone contract and open a new one me during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC because we all have so much money floating around! Anything and everything I need has to be purchased online however I cannot do anything because virgin mobile has an issue that they can’t seem to fix but every other mobile service has right !? 

0 Kudos
ps2mint
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving OTP from any banks/ online services

Do you have WiFi Calling switched on? 

It may help if that is switched off.

0 Kudos
ShanaGroen
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can’t find WiFi calling on my iPhone even when I search so guessing I don’t have it on 

0 Kudos
ps2mint
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What does the network say in the top left hand corner of the phone? If it says Wificall that means it is on. If it just says Virgin then it’s off

0 Kudos
ShanaGroen
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It just says virgin. 

0 Kudos
ps2mint
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It suggests that WiFi calling is not active. Unfortunately, Virgin are known to have major issues with texts from banks etc.

I had to leave them due to this issue.

Sorry that I can be of any more help.

0 Kudos