Menu
isisblues
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not connecting with another UK Virgin mobile in Spain

Hi

I am in Spain with my partner, we both have UK Virgin mobiles. When we try to call each other, the phone will ring but when its answered we cannot hear each other or else one person can hear but the other can't. We are both on the same Spanish network, usually Movistar. Roaming is turned on in our accounts and on the phones ( both iPhone SE ). Appreciate any help as its very frustrating.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not connecting with another UK Virgin mobile in Spain

I had same issue a few years ago and didn't resolve it, ended up just calling via whatsapp

0 Kudos
isisblues
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear ! thats not a good sign, thanks for the tip re Whatsapp, I always forget about that.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi isisblues,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you and your partner aren't able to hear each other when you call, which network it it on when this happens, have you tried to turn data off on both phone and also try to do a manual network search to see if another network is available.

You can find out everything around Roaming here

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
isisblues
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Thanks for getting back to me. We are in southern Spain and most of the time we both connected to Movistar. We don't turn off data when we are not together, I'm not sure why that would make a difference ? As I said we do connect when the other person answers its just we can't hear each other. Both our phones are set to connect automatically to a Spanish network, is there a prefered Virgin partner we should use ?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi isisblues,

Please try to turn the data off and ion again , please also as advised try to connect manually to another network.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
isisblues
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

OK, tried turning mobile data off and on,  on both phones, when in the same building and we could hear each other. I will try it again when we out and about just to check it is ok in the real world !

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi isisblues, thanks for the message, I am sorry to heat that you are unable to connect to the network, did you activate roaming before you left? If you are able to log on the online account you can switch it on there, if out of the UK this would not always work as you should be in the UK when the roaming is active. Please let us know how it goes? Chris 

0 Kudos
isisblues
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes we had Roaming activated. Turning data off and on seems have done the trick, we have made a few calls now and it works ok. 

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos