cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make or recieve calls

Asmith12
Just joined

Hi! 

My partner's phone keeps saying "couldn't connect" whenever he tries to make calls out, and when anyone calls him it says "this person is unavailable" and his phone won't ring. It works sometimes but not others, and this is nothing to do with location or signal as it will cut out in the same places as it previously worked, and while my virgin sim has signal and can connect.

We've swapped sims and his worked in my phone, but my phone isn't 5g enabled so not sure if that makes a difference. His works when he connects to 3g only, but then his connection is poor - he also pays for 5G specifically so this is frustrating.

Lastly, when he goes to the sim manager in settings, it says unknown number. 

We've tried restarting the phone, cleaning the sim card, and restoring the network settings and nothing has worked. Does anyone have any advice please?

He has a Samsung S22 5G if that helps.

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Asmith12, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the phone calls not connecting. 😞
If you have placed his SIM card in your phone and it works, it would indicate that there's an issue with the device, regardless as to whether or not your phone is 5g enabled or not.
May I ask how it acts when your SIM card is in his phone? Does the phone make and receive calls then?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs