Menu
will_spam
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not able to make and receive calls. Text messages delayed by around one hour

Hi,

This morning both my wife and I cannot make and receive mobile phone calls on Virgin Mobile.  Also text message service is working but it is taking around one hour to deliver messages which mean we cannot use 2FA for online banking, office 365 etc.

I cannot find any method of contacting support to resolve this.  How to contact support to get this fixed?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not able to make and receive calls. Text messages delayed by around one hour

Is there a network fault in your area?

Virgin use EE for signal so check here.

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

will_spam
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not able to make and receive calls. Text messages delayed by around one hour

Thanks for the useful link.  It seems the service is down for maintenance in my area:

"Maintenance in SO31 6NS

Our engineers are on site to upgrade the network. We expect good service within 7 hours."

Thanks

Will

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @will_spam

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you we're having some issues with your mobile services last week. How's things looking since your post? 

I have checked the postcode you listed on your last thread and unable to see any known issues in your area currently; the 5 closest masts are in full working order in your surrounding area. There are a couple a bit further out that are currently down but they are a bit further afield. 

If you're still having issues, please reboot the handset and try a manual network search and pop back with updates when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos