cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered On Network

antonysevans
Tuning in

My wife and I each have a mobile. The signal in our apartment was never great, but we could use calls over WiFi ok. Then, around Nov 21 both phones kept constantly showing "refreshing sim data" or if I tried to phone "not registered on network". If I go outside and get a signal, then back into the apartment, WiFi calling works for a while but eventually drops out again.

The refreshing sim data completely drains our batteries every night. This still happens if I turn off WiFi, but not if I turn airplane mode on. I even changed my battery for a new one, but it still drains...

Tried all the suggestions I've seen, but no joy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't know why WiFi Calling does not work but signal wise you will both now be on Vodafone and the OFCOM coverage checker shows little to no indoor coverage for your postcode. 

Only good network is O2

Screenshot_20220221-173910_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @antonysevans

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Does this only occur when inside your apartment? How is your connection elsewhere?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

It only happens in the apartment. I can get a bit of a signal on the landing, then disappears on the stairs. Everywhere else outside is fine. Something seemed to change with our local mast last Nov, so now it's like we are right on the edge of a signal, but it varies continuously.

I was happy when the signal was bad, but wifi calling worked. But now we keep losing connection to the network, so WiFi calling stops.

It's a real pain because I am a carer for my wife, so have lots of calls to medical etc. I have to go outside to make sure I haven't missed a call back.

Tony

Hi @antonysevans

Sorry to hear about this

Which SIM have you got at the minute, is it EE, Vodafone or ourselves?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

We both have a Virgin sim

Hi @antonysevans

Thanks for the reply

Can you check here please? This will show us an issues with any masts / the network, please keep us updated.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

The O2 status checker shows:

CF64 5QH

Our Network can get busy in this area.

This means your data could be slower than normal. We’re sorry about that. Our team is aware and working to make it better. Our top tips for staying connected would be to find local Wifi hotspots and download whatever content you need whilst connected to Wifi, so you can still enjoy it on the move.

Updated 09:36 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Expected coverage for this area

Good indoors and outdoors.

Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

Good indoors and outdoors. Good for 4G calling.

Sorry. We do not have 5G coverage at this location.

Hi @antonysevans

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately the case is as above, the team are looking to improve the network in the area - this isn't an issue we can fix on an individual basis.

I do apologise for the inconvenience

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi Travis,

But why doesn't WiFi calling work when there is no signal?

Thanks for coming back to us @antonysevans, can you possibly advise what handsets both you and your wife are using?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn