cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Multifactor Authentication Texts

TrafficLights7
Joining in

Hello, 

I am not receiving text messages that are required to log into a website through multi factor authentication. The text messages usually come from "msverify". I also cannot receive calls for the multifactor authentication. 

There is nothing in the blocked or spam filters of my messages app (I'm using android).

This is a recent issue, I last was able to receive the messages in April. My colleagues on different networks are able to receive their MFA texts. I have not changed my number or any settings on my phone. The website provider insist it must be an issue with my phone or service provider, not at their end. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @TrafficLights7,

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue, what I can do for you is look into this with you in a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

bananaboat
Joining in

I am having the same problem, it seems it's been a problem for some people for many years. See the pinned post "Issues receiving OTP text messages" on the front page: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages/td-p/4328952 

Sf11
Joining in

I'm in the same boat! Put my new sim in 3 days ago and now can't get into accounts to transfer money, or solve technical issues with my website. It's unreal. After 20min on hold, I got through to someone who said it would be 5 Business days, so with the bank holiday, likely the week after next. Honestly never experienced this. Aren't Virgin supposed to have good customer service? Looks like if it isn't resolved by next week I'll have to switch back to someone else - which will have resulted in a big waste of time. 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Sf11, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the services since placing the new sim cards into the handset.

Once the 5 working days have elapsed, please drop us an update and we'll be on hand to assist if this is required.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn