Menu
VC10
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Not Impressed

Last year as part of a TV package upgrade I was given an Oomph SIM card. 

A few months ago I was cold called and offered a deal whereby my BB was upgraded and offered an Oomph SIM if I bought a new phone. It seemed like a good deal so I went ahead. Today my wife found her phone had been cut off without any prior notification. So I dialled 150 and after battling the bot got through to someone and exchanged text messages for 2 Hrs. During this time they had to go for a 15 minute break and at the end of 2 hrs I was told to call the Oomph team!!!!!!

To be fair I did receive a text message several weeks ago saying 'this' number will be deactivated. The message came  through on MY phone and not my wife's so naturally I thought it was referring to my number. I contacted VM through this forum and by phone and on both occasions was assured all was fine with my account.

Within a minute of speaking to the Oomph team I learned you couldn't have two Oomph SIM's on one account. This was never explained during the cold call.

When reviewing my first bill after the cold call upgrade I found I had also subscribed to Baby TV without my knowledge.

On the subject of cold calls I have since been called again to 'enhance' my service but it became quite apparent that the caller didn't have a clue of my existing services. After being put on hold for a while while she checked I hung up. They have tried calling again but I don't accept the calls due to their ineptitude.

Excellent customer service VM.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not Impressed

As the Oomph SIM is classed as free you can only have one. Any other SIM cards have to be on a contract package.

Same if you leave Oomph, the SIM must be transferred to a contract if you wish to keep it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
VC10
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not Impressed

That may be so, but my grip is that it wan't explained and quite obviously the sales agent wasn't aware I already had an Oomph SIM when he offered me another one, which only supports what I posted about the last cold call agent didn't know what my package was.

I also don't like having spent two hours texting today for nothing. As for going for a break when dealing with a customer........

0 Kudos