Menu
Georgie29
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Non existent mobile phone signal indoors

I recently moved all my family over to Virgin from Giffgaff. What a mistake that seems to be. For the 2 oldies who like and need to make phone calls in the house  it's been a disaster. We can rarely receive phone calls, with callers being put straight through to Voicemail. Trying to make calls is just as bad, you need to wander around the house before the dialling tone starts, then people can't hear you talk when people pick up. It's just not good enough. Only 2 months into the 12 month contract. What can we do?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non existent mobile phone signal indoors

Not a lot you can do. That's what the 14 day cooling off period was for. If you have handsets capable of WiFi Calling you may be able to use that.

However, Virgin-Mobile are moving to Vodafone for signal and that may change things

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Georgie29
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non existent mobile phone signal indoors

I thought that would be the response. Any idea when Vodafone might kick in?

We're on a family plan. If absolutely necessary, could we remove my husband's number from the family plan so he can get a more reliable service provider, even if we have to pay a penalty? He obviously wants to keep his number.
0 Kudos