Menu
chantilly24
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Non-Delivery of New Phone

Good morning.

Ordered a new phone on Saturday with promised delivery on Monday.  Phone was despatched on Sunday and I received the normal tracking details email from Yodel.  However, despite tracking my package throughout Monday, when it got to my turn, a message popped up to say the driver had been unable to access my property.  (Absolute nonsense, I live in a council house in a normal road, there are no security gates or buzzers etc).  I contacted their online help immediately, in the hope that they could contact the driver and get him to return.  Apparently Yodel drivers do not carry mobile phones so they couldn't contact him.  I can't believe in this day and age, where I can track a driver online to his exact location at any given time, that they are not provided any device with which the company can contact them.  I had to accept this and delivery was promised again for the next day. 

Again, after tracking all day, I got exactly the same message when my turn arrived.  As it happened, my husband was actually out in the street walking the dog, and said that NO van had travelled past him either way.  Their driver was lying!  Once again, I used the online chat at Yodel and they promised to investigate.  (From what I've been reading, this is by no means unusual service from Yodel so I'm not at all confident that today is going to be any different).  What do I do now if the phone is not delivered on a third day running?  Why do Virgin continue to use Yodel when they are widely thought of as a completely rubbish company?  

Would be grateful if somebody could tell me what my next steps should be?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
chantilly24
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non-Delivery of New Phone

Sorry, couldn't edit post, but new development. Yodel have now said they've 'delivered' my parcel. Well, if they did, it certainly wasn't at my address. I've checked all around property, even in bins. I was tracking the delivery and when it got to 1 person ahead, within seconds it'd changed to delivered. Nobody came here.

Yesterday, I sent an email to Yodel's Executive Complaints dept and I received an email reply telling me that he had examined the sat nav for the last two days' deliveries and it appears the driver was trying to deliver to the wrong address. (It also seems that today, he successfully delivered to the wrong address!)

What do I do now? Struggling to even find number to call Virgin Mobile. 789 doesn't seem to be working.
Help please?
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Non-Delivery of New Phone

Hi chantilly24,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you haven't received your Yodel delivery of your new Handset,  I have tried to have a look our end however was unable to find a account for you with the details we have,

I will be more than happy to look further into this for you, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.