Menu
Coopg
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nokia 3410 sim not valid

Hi, I’m messaging on behalf of a friend with an old Nokia 3410, has been sent new sim, but when installing it it says Sim not valid. He’s on payg and not looking to upgrade the phone 

can you help please 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia 3410 sim not valid

Hi Coopg

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

We are replacing all our old SIM's due to a network migration. Has the new SIM migrated for your friend do you know?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Coopg
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

you asked if My friends new SIM has migrated? Sorry I don’t understand the question

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the confusion Coopg,

We were asking if the sim card has worked since your friend last tried his sim? Did he manage to get the sim card activated or do they still have the error message sim not valid?

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Coopg
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sadly, sim still not activated

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Coopg,

Due to this we will need to take a look at the account. As your are dealing with this on behalf of your friend we would need to pass security before we can go any further.

I will pop you over a private message, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I would be interested to know your experience with a Nokia 3410. I have one but, in the  end after following the Virgin Mobile forum for a while, decided to dodge the hassle of switching SIMs by buying a new phone. I was told new SIMs work on all new phones. It has for me.

Does the Nokia 3410, when unlocked, work with a new SIM or is the SIM 'upgrade' too much for it to cope with?

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi ahrbee,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Our sim cards should be compatible with the Nokia 3410, if the handset requires and unlocking code we can try and provide this for you.

Unfortunately some software issues on the Nokia handsets may not be compatible with our sim cards. This is nothing to do with the network upgrade but the software itself on the handsets.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
BrandySnap
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My wife and my Nokia3310`s do not accept the new SIMs sent to us.  We do not wish to upgrade anything, just continue with our PAYG service.  We have over £30 of credit on them.  They seem to not accept any unlock code.  What can you do please to resolve this ? Our `phone nos are [MOD EDIT: Removed] and [MOD EDIT: Removed].  Order nos are [MOD EDIT: Removed] and [MOD EDIT: Removed]

Tony Tisdall

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

please do not post your phone numbers on a public forum, i have requested a moderator to remove them

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks