Menu
Andrew180
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nokia 1101 Sim Not Valid

Hello. I’ve been trying to sort my Mum’s new SIM card out. Like many on this board she gets the SIM not valid message when the new one goes in (it has been left for at least 10 minutes as suggested in the letter). She has an old Nokia 1101, which some replies to this board suggest the new sim won’t work on, and that she’ll need a new phone. Is this correct, or is there anything else we can do? (There is no option given to enter any sort of code).

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia 1101 Sim Not Valid

If you have an unlock or unlatch code

1. Turn on the phone without any sim card
2. Enter the following sequence (#pw+unlock code+1#) on your NOKIA 2600 Classic just like a phone number*
* Characters p, w, + will appear after pressing the *(star) symbol a couple of times
4. Press # at the end to confirm the code
5. Message "SIM restriction OFF" should appear.
Your Nokia 2600 Classic is now unlocked !!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Andrew180
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. Is the unlock code the one I have to fill a Mobile Unlock Code form in to get? And will this work on the Nokia 1101 given the reply info is for a Nokia 2600?

0 Kudos
Andrew180
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update: I found the unlock code on the letter that was sent. Unfortunately entering it didn’t work, it brought up a code not found message, and now the original Sim doesn’t work either (when the phone is turned on with it in I get a message saying Insert Sim). So now left with a phone that can’t be used at all. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sound like Virgin have now turned the old SIM off.

I'll Escalate this thread and see if we get a quicker response 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Andrew180
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, although after about 20 minutes of doing nothing the phone is working again with the old Sim! I’ve no idea what’s going on though.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew180,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having. What I will do is private message you so we can check over the unlock code. 

^Martin

0 Kudos