Menu
margaretadams
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Nokia 1100 sim replacement not working

I'm a 91 year-old who has has been sent a new Sim which I am told I must use but it says  "SIM not valid" when my support worker puts it in my Nokia 1100.  I am not technical and am worried that my phone will soon not work.  I only have it for emergencies and have been with you eleven years.  My support worker is helping me with this as I do not have internet and I have been unable to get through to you by phone.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia 1100 sim replacement not working

where did you get the phone originally - if it came from VM it will be locked to them and will need unlocking - VM should be able to do that - that may or may not get the sim up and running - that can depend on the age of the phone and the system it is running

i believe VM can look at providing a replacement [basic] phone if the original - now not working phone cannot be got to work with the new sim

lets ask - i will flag the thread to VM

Tony
0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia 1100 sim replacement not working

Hi margaretadams, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

I am sorry you've not been able to get in touch with us to discuss the issues you've been having with your sim card. 

I would love to see what we can do to help and have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope at the top and reply when you can. 

Look forward to hearing from you,

Hetty_R
0 Kudos