Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nokia 1100 Unlock

My Nokia 1100 is locked to Virgin Mobile and the new sim does not work with this model. To continue using the service I've put the new sim in another unlocked phone. However, I still wish to unlock the Nokia 1100. No guidance was given in the letter with the new sim about the last digit to be entered after the unlock code, #pw+ 15 digit unlock code + 1-7 #. Which of 1 to 7 does Virgin Mobile require when the code is entered for the unlock to be successful?

I can't speak to anyone at Virgin. At present, all that is offered is a recorded message offering to text a link showing information not relevant to the question.

Perhaps Virgin could give a definitive answer. Guidance appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Nokia 1100 Unlock

Hello

As long as the phone was purchased from VM then you can request the network unlock code from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/unlock-code-request1

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Mike. I bought the phone from Virgin and I have the 15 digit unlock code sent with the new sim and accompanying letter. As only 3 attempts are allowed before the phone may be permanently locked, I hesitate to try doing so without a definitive answer on the seemingly critical last digit to be entered. It would have been useful to have provided it with the letter. Do you think they will give that digit if the unlock request form is submitted?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The unlock code sent with the sim is too unlock the SIM it isn't there to remove the network lock of the phone, I think this is where you are getting confused.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Mike. I'll send the form.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unlock code still awaited after request form submitted a week ago for VM

Nokia 1100. Is there any way to progress this, please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Was the 15 digit code on the letter or the red card (bottom left faint print) Should be marked personal unblocking code.

If so, this is the method to unlock

Remove SIM card
Type in #pw+CODE+7#.
If +7# does not work use +1#

1. To show p in the phones display - just press * three times within two seconds.

2. To show w in the phones display - just press * four times within two seconds.

3. To show + in the phones display - just press * twice within two seconds.

0 Kudos