Menu
charleb56
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nokia 1100 New SIM not valid

seems a common problem judging by other threads- I have an old Nokia 1100 which I give to my frail elderly mother sometimes if she is on her own to use to call me. so no need for any fancy new phone. the new SIM just brings up "SIM not valid" on the screen . have tried online chat and calling virgin all to no avail and get stuck holding/waiting for answers literally for hours.

seeing other elderly people with this problem during social isolation due to Coronavirus is making my blood boil .to cut off so many vulnerable people -what are they thinking?

the phone is so old I cant remember where I bought it, I think it was HMV, but its always been on Virging PAYG tariff and still has credit on it.

if anyone has been able to resolve anything since previous posts I would really appreciate any help -thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia 1100 New SIM not valid

Hi charleb56

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that your mother is unable to use the replacement SIM. There are 3 possible reasons:

• The SIM is not active - I can check this for you if needed
  • The handset is locked - there should be an unlock code included along with instruction, if we were able to obtain an unlock code for the handset IMEI.
  • The handset incompatible - this one, regrettably may be due to the age of the phone.

I'll send you a PM shortly to check the SIM status.

Cheers,
Corey C

0 Kudos
jennyW
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My elderly (almost 90 year old but NOT frail) mother has also had the same problem. Are you going to cut loose all these valuable customers because you have no idea who your customers are AND your customer service is NON existent. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very sorry to hear that, jennyW,

I've sent you a PM, to get your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos