Menu
HHNokiaHelp
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nokia 105 Sim Swap advice

Hi, 

Please can someone give me a definitive answer as to whether a new Nokia 105 will work with the new SIM sent out for the SIM swap. My Dad currently has a Nokia 1101 and it seems that this will no longer work. He is very annoyed about it as there is nothing wrong with his existing handset and he doesn't want to buy a new phone, but it seems that he has no choice. The Nokia 105 looks like a reasonable alternative but I don't want to get it for him if it won't' work. 

My second question is that if his current handset was purchased through Virgin originally, is he actually entitled to a free upgrade to something that will work with the new SIM? If so, how does he arrange this? 

He has tried multiple times to call the helpline and engage in the online chat and text message advice service, but no-one has been able to give him this (seemingly basic) advice or help. 

Thank you. 

Hannah

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia 105 Sim Swap advice

Hi Hannah, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

You dad would be eligible for a free upgrade to a handset- we would be able to offer the Energizer E12 or the Nokia 105

🙂

Would you be able to clear security on the account?

If so, I can pop you over a private message and arrange this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
HHNokiaHelp
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

Thanks very much for your quick reply. I think I can clear security so if you could PM me that would be great. 

Many thanks!

Hannah

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Hannah, 

Will pop one over to you now 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
charlyr
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would like Virgin media to upgrade my phone to the Nokia 105 as it does not work on my old phone.

0 Kudos