Menu
Sharontiz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No wi fi calling huawei p30lite

Hi just came over to virgin previously with bt. Since I changed I can no longer get WiFi calling no option. Signal not great at home. Phone all up to date. Please advise 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wi fi calling huawei p30lite

Hi Sharontiz,

I'm afraid your mobile isn't currently supported on VM mobile/wifi-calling 

You’ll need one of these phones devices to use WiFi Calling:

Apple: iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Samsung: Samsung S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S10e, S20, S205G, S20+5G, S20Ultra5G, Note10, Note 10+ and Note 10+5G

All of these devices support WiFi Calling if they are bought directly from us. If you are using a device that was bought from another network, or SIM free, we cannot guarantee that it will support our WiFi Calling service. If your supported device doesn’t have the WiFi Calling option available, make sure you have updated the software to the latest version and reboot your device.

If your device isn’t supported yet don’t panic, we’ll be adding WiFi Calling to more devices soon.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi calling is new to Virgin and the list of supported handsets small.

Others are supposed to be added but they are taking their time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sharontiz
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh how rubbish, oh well guess I will have to wait for virgin to catch up

0 Kudos
El_Defensor
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Seems you'll be waiting a long time (like the rest of us). Virgin are only interested in the minority iOS & just 1 Android phone.
The fact that Android is by far the most widely used OS worldwide is one completely lost on Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
acdeag
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think you will find that enabling it for iOS is a one off job and all iPhones will work. Android is different due to the multiple setups for the different manufacturers and because some Androids need software from the network in them to get WiFi calling to work. 

0 Kudos