cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voice volume in Spain

Yermucker
Tuning in

3 different handsets, 3 different similar. Someone calls us we can't hear them, they can't hear us. Meaning you have to immediately call them back if it's someone you know, private number, forget about it. Now a quick search online shows this isn't an isolated thing, and vurhin are aware, bit zero fixes for it. Tried the different suggestions made, change to 3g etc but nothing helps. Rather than the usual line of its a foreign network answer, tell me why friends with us on O2, Vodafone and EE have no issues, but us, with 3 virgin contracts all have the same problem?

22 REPLIES 22

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Yermucker, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you are having issues with the three phones while in Spain, just to confirm have you been able to try a manual network search on the handsets to see if there are any other networks to connect to while you are over there? This may help with the issue.

Also are you able to try the Virgin sims in other phones to see if you still see this issue?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

4 networks show available,  only one the phones will connect to is Movistar.

Trying the sims in another phone would be fine, if it was one sim doing it, 3 sims  in 3 different handsets though, its not a handset issue.

Ah I see, what happens when you try connecting to another network?

Can you please send a screenshot of this? Also what handsets are being used?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Screenshot_20220504-105019_Call settings.jpg

 iphone, s20 and an s21

Thank you for confirming that, I would recommend checking our phone fix page here to see if there is anything showing to help resolve this.

Have you also been able to check our roaming hub here to see if there is anything that may help?

Regards

Nathan

Tried the lot, the issue only happens on incoming calls which is throwing me off  if I call out its fine, incoming, nothing.

Ok, I think at this point it would be best to PM you to confirm your details so I can have a look at the account for you to find out what is going on.

Regards

Nathan

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @Yermucker, just to update the public thread we have arranged for new sims to be sent to see if this helps with the issue.

Please keep me updated with how you get on with these.

Regards

Nathan