Menu
PhilippaD
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No texts through WiFi calling

I can make and receive calls through WiFi calling (I live in an area with no signal) but I can’t receive SMS unless iMessage which come through to my iPad over WiFi.

I complained a few months back and nobody from tech support came back to me.

What do I do as more and more organisations are sending verification codes via text when trying to log in to websites and accounts?

Tags (1)
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No texts through WiFi calling

This thread is getting longer and still no answer.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Not-recieving-texts-through-Wifi-Calling/td-p/423...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PhilippaD
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been keeping an eye on the thread. Thought I’d start a new one to try and highlight to Virgin that it’s a widespread issue.
There’s also an irony that at the top of this page they are pushing a Text Messaging Service to answer queries or get support 🤦🏼‍♀️

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilippaD, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I'll send you a PM now to gain more information from you about your mobile account, then I'll send off a form to the FMS team who will be able to look into this issue for you further. I have no timeframe for this as the pandemic has had a toll on this team's workload, but I will give you an update when I have one. 

Speak soon.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos