Menu
AliceWatterson
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No texts, calls or roaming in Iceland

Hi,

I’ve just arrived in Iceland for the next month but my phone is unable to send or receive text messages or calls and no data either.

I have followed all the instructions in my settings on my phone and on my account online to ensure roaming is allowed and international call barring is off etc. I have also tried restarting the phone and connecting to a different network but Siminn is the only one that I can connect to (but doesn’t work). I have tested the sim on my partners phone and seems to be me not the handset.

I have searched the forums and see quite a few people have had this issue in Iceland - can you advise if you worked out a solution yet? 

This is quite urgent as the border screening need to get back to me with my COVID test results and can’t as I can’t receive calls or texts.

Hopefully we can solve this, thanks 😊 Alice 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No texts, calls or roaming in Iceland

Hi AliceWatterson, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Very sorry to hear that you don't have any service in Iceland, I can appreciate due to many reasons you're keen to stay connected. 

So I can have a closer look I need to pop you a personal message and grab some details. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No texts, calls or roaming in Iceland

@Emma_C  @Tom_F was looking into this. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks