cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal!!!

lostcausehero
On our wavelength

Since about October my virgin mobile signal has been weak.... Barely one bar, no 3g definitely no 4g around the st6-9 area of Staffordshire around a 7 mile radius.... And looking at this notice board it's happening all over. What's going on what's the point of paying for a contract with no signal?? Website claims I get full bars in my area inside and out... Yeah right.  And the company is Boasting about 5g in some areas, I can't even make basic calls....

19 REPLIES 19

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lostcausehero thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear ?you're having issues connecting to the mobile network to use your phone.  Do you know if your SIM was possibly migrated from the EE network to Vodafone back in October?  If so, have you checked the Vodafone service status?  You can do so, here.

Regards

Lee_R

It isn't I've had a virgin sim card for years, and it's not just my phone or SIM card, it's my wife's, and my brothers who lives a few miles away. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lostcausehero wrote:

It isn't I've had a virgin sim card for years, and it's not just my phone or SIM card, it's my wife's, and my brothers who lives a few miles away. 

You might have the same SIM but Virgin have been migrating users off the EE network which they have used for some years onto Vodafone. This is done over the air and in most cases a new SIM is not required 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us lostcausehero,

We can certainly understand your frustration. If you have had your sim card for a while, it may be an option, (if you agree) to send you a replacement sim card. Just so we can eliminate this side of things for you.

If you have checked our Mobile network checker already and no issues are showing, please check the link here for further help and advice.

Kind regards Jodi. 

lostcausehero
On our wavelength

It's become beyond a joke....what's the point of having a mobile if there's constantly no signal, and No virgin I dont have a Vodafone sim card ...and it's not just my device.... Listen to your customers it's not an isolated incident every forum, tech website and blackout checker is showing the same thing for thousands of customers.... And as usual your website is absolute trash nothing works... SORT IT OUT

I did... I've gone from 4 bar's on average to one or none.... Something has happened, and it's not getting sorted....

Hi @lostcausehero,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that your mobile service issues appear to be ongoing. I understand that you don't have a Vodafone SIM card and are using a Virgin Mobile SIM card, however, as mentioned earlier in this thread, we provide our mobile service by piggy backing on EE's network and have migrated a number of our Virgin Mobile customers over to the Vodafone network now too.

As such, can you please head to the Vodafone Network Status Checker tool, enter your full post code, and then click on the search button? It'll then search that area and notify you of any known issues that may impact your mobile service. If there are any, you'll find more information on the issue there too.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you @enlli for finding out that information. 

@Tsgfuzzy - Do you work from home? If not, how does the phone operate when you are away from the home? Do you get the same issue or does it improve? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I've been with Virgin for a decade and I'm a loyal customer and I'm stuck in the middle of a contract, there's no Vodafone signal in the st6-9 area that's why I went with Virgin, between this and the price hikes I have no faith in the company anymore... Every time there's a problem it's the customers fault and it takes weeks or even months to sort.. bounced around between different people, you don't care about the customers anymore the whole company has become sub par.... And not fit for purpose... And I'm stuck....