Menu
Margaret1945
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No signal indoors for last 2 months!

I have had literally no reception indoors for the last 2 months. It started with bring able to make and receive calls but being cut off 8 to 10 times but now unusable! Can I cancel my contract due to no service?!

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal indoors for last 2 months!

Afternoon @Margaret1945

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your mobile signal when inside? Does your issue only happen when you are inside or are you also having the issue outside?

Is it only at one location that you're seeing the issue?

We've not been able to locate your account from here so can you advise if you have already tried manually rebooting your handset to see if that has helped? Can you advise if you see any signal bars on your handset display? 

What happens when you try and make a call? Do you know what happens when someone tries to call you? Do you get any error messages on your handset display at all? 

Please do let us know if you're still having issues since your post last week and we'll do all we can to help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Margaret1945
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It either has 1 or zero bars. I'm 75 so dont go out very much especially with covid so the issue is at my home. My daughter restarted it but its the same. I can receive calls but they cut out up to 10 times per call so useless. There are no error messages.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @Margaret1945

Has your daughter tried taking the handset outside to see if she gets signal outside your home or in another location? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Margaret1945
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It gets 1 bar outside the house in the garden

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Margaret1945 - looks like we'll need to check for any issues in your area. In order to do that, I'll pop you a quick Private Message so we can take your details securely. Please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Margaret1945

Thanks so much for your Private Message and for your postcode information. We have had a look at your area and the 3 closest masts are all fully operational with strong signal; one of the masts did have some issues recently but these have been attended and investigated within the last 3 days and all are now showing now issues. 

We have no reported issues for signal loss within your area. 

Whilst we do offer excellent signal in your area for both inside and outside - this of course can depend on the home itself.

Have you either tried your SIM in another handset or managed to try another SIM in your handset for us at all? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos