cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal but other virgin phones do

Nikki222
Joining in

I have just moved house and the mobile signal is virtually non existent on my phone yet my partners is the same network ( virgin) and has full signal. Any ideas how I can improve this on my phone ? 

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Assuming that the handset isn't faulty, most probable explanation is that VM are transferring customers from their old network operator (EE) to a new one (Vodafone), and therefore although both phones say "Virgin Media" they could be on different networks, with local coverage variation.

If the phone without reception is on the EE network, then forum staff may be able to have the transfer to Vodafone brought forward.  If the phone without reception is on Vodafone, then nothing can be done, and in a matter of months you may have two phones with no reception when that one is moved on to the Vodafone network. 

Do you know from visitors how reception in the house is for EE or Vodafone signals?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nikki222,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some problems with your mobile signal in comparison to your partners.

Thanks @Andrew-G for your helpful response. 

@Nikki2222, may I ask if you have tried the SIM in a different handset to see if the issue persists?

Let us know so we can look into this further if need be.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs