Menu
Zidane9
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No service

I’ve been with virgin mobile since may 2018 and I have their pay monthly sim. I noticed that my phone wasn’t able to make or receive calls from the start of December and the same with text messages. In the top left of my screen it says ‘no service’ and this was why I could make or revive text messages or calls. I tried to turn my phone on and off and reset all the network settings but that didn’t work.  I phoned up virgin and they said there was a problem with the network towers and they’re not sure when it would be fixed or when. This is very bad because they’re taking money from me as usual when I can’t use their service and I’m getting ripped off. I need a respond IMMEDIATELY. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: No service

First thing to check is the ee service status (vm get the phone signal from ee) 

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

You might get a vm response on here but it's mainly a customer forum. 

When you say you've reset network settings have you tried re-registering to vm by manually connecting to another network (which will fail as you have a vm sim) then connect again to vm. 

Zidane9
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I tired the EE status checker before when scrolling through the other questions and it said there weren’t any problems. But I haven’t tried re-registering to virgin mobile manunally. I’m not sure exactly how to do that. 

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Should be in your settings under mobile networks, network operators, search networks (that's for android).

0 Kudos
Zidane9
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have a iPhone. Is it the same? 

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Will be in network settings somewhere. 

0 Kudos
Zidane9
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It didn’t work

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zidane9,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your services and getting the "no service" message. I can appreciate you're keen to get this resolved.

Does this happen anywhere that you go or just at home?

Are you able to test your SIM in another handset to see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Melissa_F

0 Kudos
Zidane9
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

This problem has been happening everywhere I go including at home and I had to sometimes take my virgin sim out and use a different sim when I go outside as I can’t contact people. When I used a different sim there were no issues. I could easily call people and text but the problem is only with virgin. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that.

I'm going to need to take a look at your account, so I'll pop you a private message requesting more information.

Just click on the envelope icon at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Melissa_F

0 Kudos