cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on sim - a frequency issue?

Tington
On our wavelength

Are there compatibility issues between iphone XR and Virgin SIMs? Could it be a frequency issue?

About a month ago data suddenly stopped working (no service). Tried a new SIM -- same thing. SIM cards for other networks DO work in this phone, and the new SIM does work in other phones. It seems to be that something changed a month ago that affects the particular combination of the iphone XR and Virgin's network. 

Any insights or suggestions?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Also, does the other member of your household’s Vodafone SIM work correctly in you XR? I’m thinking it’s locked to EE and you’ve been migrated to Vodafone.

Tington
On our wavelength

Hi Beth,

thanks for the message. Yes, we did get a replacement SIM but the problem was the same. It does seem a peculiar problem but short of changing supplier on this SIM I'm not quite sure what I can do.

Tington
On our wavelength

Hi ashpole,

Yes, I can swap SIM cards and get Vodafone on the XR. And I can get Virgin service using the same SIM on a different phone. But just not the Virgin SIM in the XR. 

The XR does seem to be unlocked.

I'm running out of ideas!

Just as a double check and assuming you're on iOS 14, you can check the Lock Status by going to Settings > General and tap About. Under Network Provider Lock (way down the page), you should see a "No SIM restrictions" message.

Thank you for that information Tington. 

Can you confirm is the iPhone from ourselves? Has the Data worked previously on that handset?

^Martin

Tington
On our wavelength

Hi Martin,

No, the phone was purchased separately (but as unlocked) but it had been working normally with its Virgin SIM for a good few months, then just stopped providing data/voice calls towards the end of June. 

Okay, what I will do is private message you so we can look into this further. 

^Martin