Menu
JKD
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No service on Iphone XS Max

Hi I'm new to this and not technical at all so apologies in advance. I wonder if someone out there can help. I've suddenly started having problems with regular no service on my Iphone XS Max. I can have service at some point during the day but service seems to drop off and can take a couple of hours to reconnect. I've updated to IOS14, though no service issues started before this. I've tried all the normal fixes, spoke to Apple who say no issued with phone. I've spoken with VM and tried everything they said to try, they say coverage fine in my area but then again I expect they would. Very frustrated as some days I get service for some of the day. I seemed to have service for most of day yesterday but haven't had service since 9.00pm last night and this morning got message saying 'Your iphone can't make or receive calls until it has been updated'. This is the longest period I've noticed there is no service.  Sorry it's long winded.  Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No service on Iphone XS Max

You don't say if this is in one area or all over.

Try https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice as Virgin use EE for signal 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JKD
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the web address to check the network - EE also say my area is fine with no problems. My area is BB2 (Lammack Blackburn) - the signal dropping out is more or less isolated to my individual postcode or very close to home but I had the network signal issue in another area of town too. Since my sim has been replaced the network signal doesn't drop out for as long but did drop out last night mid phone call while I was sat still in an area of my house that's always been OK. Signal came back after about 10-15 mins of leaving phone in a different area of house. It's as though the signal for my area has become very weak and intermittent all of a sudden but I can't imagine VM admitting to that. Another local website to my area mentioned VM WIFI issues yesterday and that VM were doing upgrades to the area which should be done by 23/10 but would that affect the mobile network? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JKD,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forums 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been having a few problems with your mobile network on your iPhone XS Max, this issue does sound very strange.

Have you been able to update your phone now? I was unsure whether you meant that you haven't been able to update it, or if you'd been having issues since updating it.

I'll be more than happy to check the phone masts in your postcode area to see if there are any issues. If you'd like me to do that, feel free to send me a PM confirming your postcode and I can do that for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos