Menu
JonPri
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No response to complaint

Hi,

I took out a Virgin Mobile contract on 18th November 2019, with this contract I opted for paying an additional £1 per month to include AirPods. These AirPods eventually stopped working, one would not connect to my phone or be recognised as in the case, and the one that did work could not hold a charge for more than 20 minutes.

I contacted Apple about this as I believed that they were responsible for the warranty, the technical support at Apple informed me that they did need replacing, however I was told that in their system the warranty had passed. I contacted Virgin on 17th November 2020, 1 day prior to the warranty expiration with them, and was told 'It may be too late as the form takes a few days to process, but we can try anyway'. I don't see how the form processing has anything to do with my warranty, I called while the warranty was valid. However, I received no further communication, and no 'form' that was mentioned. I waited 7 days in case this was the period that the advisor mentioned, and called Virgin back. I explained the above situation and was put on hold for 40 minutes. The advisor then told me that they were going to ask Apple to reconsider the warranty date, but I was then put through to Apple myself, and neither me nor the Apple support staff knew why this had been done, and they said this was nothing to do with them.

I then raised a complaint using the online web form as I am no closer to having the AirPods replaced, all that I have received from Virgin was a 'Proof of Purchase' email after the second call, which was now useless as the warranty had expired at this point.
The complaint was raised in early December, and I received an automated response via email on 9th December with a complaint reference number, stating that they will be in touch within 28 days.

Due to the current situation I wasn't expecting a quick reply, but it has now been 35 days and I have heard nothing, I'm not after compensation or gesture of goodwill, I simply want the AirPods replaced under warranty as they were when I contacted. I have the original box and all contents and will gladly swap them over.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Gamer82
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No response to complaint

Have you tried apple replscing them as they are still in warranty . You may have better luck.

I know what you mean by complaints have i one in thats being ignored while being charged for a packaged that's suppoused to be switched over .

Next port of call complaint to the regulator my account is flagged as a vunerbale customer they do not give a toss about people and are full of excuses.

0 Kudos
JonPri
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No response to complaint

They are no longer under warranty, they were when I contacted Virgin, however the Apple warranty expired before then.

0 Kudos