Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No response to complaint - poor customer service

Hi, I’ve been having an issue with my virgin media service. I was on a 12 month contract  which included broadband/ telephone line and tv which started in January 2019.

My telephone line was connected to my burglar alarm (never had an actual telephone connected). I assumed the line was ok as when it was installed by the engineer in January he gave the thumbs up that all services were working. 

So in October my house was broken into and I never received any sort of alert message from my alarm system. After speaking to virgin media they sent an engineer to my house to check the connection. He confirmed the connection from my house to the road was never setup and the line was dead. He managed to setup the telephone line correctly. I raised a complaint directly with Virgin media and was passed on from one department to the other. I spoke to several different people who all promised a follow up call. After waiting over a month I decided to raise an official complaint via Resolver and still I have not received a single call regarding this complaint. Each time I have been called Since I get one excuse after another. 

I have experienced extremely bad customer service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No response to complaint - poor customer service

Its just as plausible that the line went down between those dates, its disappointing that your alarm doesn't have self diagnostics when arming as thats a massive flaw with your alarm system

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I do find it odd, that the whole system was never tested since set-up 😖

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Burglar alarm was set up before virgin media came to install the package, it just had to be plugged into the phone socket after the engineers visit. I took the engineers word for it when he said everything was up and running, especially when I’ve had no issues with my cable tv and broadband.

The engineer who visited after the break-in confirmed the line was dead and that it was never connected correctly on the main road.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Al786,

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry you've not heard anything relating this complaint. I'll send you a quick PM so I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos