cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No proper service in Austria despite all roaming settings on

mon112329
Joining in

3 SIM cards (mine, wife and son) non of them can call each other while in Austria. We had an emergency and I had to call my wife but I couldn’t. Absolute disaster! Spend hours on the chat with customer service and despite trying all possible fixes (it’s a long list and hard work for a customer! Swapping phones, re-starting, changing other settings….) and all our roaming settings on, still couldn’t call each other. I was able to call some other UK numbers but not all. The insurance company who were helping us with the emergency were not able to reach us, they had to call the hotel in order to speak with us…. absolutely horrible experience. During an already stressful situation the last thing I needed was 3 non-working Virgin mobile phones and hours on the WhatsApp chat with zero progress. 

What can you do to make sure this doesn’t happen next time we are abroad? New SIM cards, or something else? 

Not to mention that there are so many places here in the UK nowadays where I just don’t get normal signal, while people around me are freely using their phones.

1 REPLY 1

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there mon112329,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

So sorry to hear about the roaming issues when abroad, can I just clarify on this matter, were you receiving any service at all?

Also was international roaming at the time manually switched on?

Regards,

Kain