Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No new SIM

My 86 year old stepfather bought a pay as you go phone with a Virgin SIM from Carphone Warehouse many years ago. He has never contacted Virgin Mobile to give then an address or password. He is not technically minded.

He received what he thought was spam messages about inserting a new SIM sent through the post which he never received. Now the phone has stopped working and he has told us about the problem. 
After several attempts to contact support via the help bot - the conversation kept disconnecting - I finally got through on the landline to the 0300 number. All they said was the phone is locked and unless I give them the non-existent password there is nothing they would do. No access to a supervisor or alternative phone number. Go and get a SIM from a different network! When asked about the £20 I’ve just put on the phone for him, she said that that has been lost. 

Can someone from Virgin Mobile please advise. I have the phone, it’s number and the IMEI.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No new SIM

Hi @Briansignals

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am really sorry for the delay in response. This was a process in which all our customers have gone through, more so recently as the migration period is reaching our customers who have not had a change of SIM in a long time. This is something I would be able to sort for you and your stepfather. 

I will send you a private message to get this sorted. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No new SIM

All the best Brian - keep safe 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos