Menu
Silverplaited
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No new SIM card so phone not working

I have waited to speak to someone on the phone for 45 mins. They have not solved the issue and just put the phone down. Like many others, l was told a new Sim was coming by text on 4 June. It has not arrived. My phone does not work. This is not customer service. I sent a message via the online messaging service at 11.29. No answer to that either. Just what should l do now?

0 Kudos
Annoyednewsim
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No new SIM card so phone not working

I went through the same, 6 months of warnings that I had to replace my old virgin sim with a new one...they claimed they had sent one to me and I just needed to pop it in and switch...but no sim had arrived.

Eventually after harassing me for months, I contacted their help desk and explained the problem, no apology from Virgin for not delivering a sim or nto responding to my emails, while continuing to deduct the 32 day roll over cost...so eventually I found that they had delivered the "new sim" to 9a instead of 9 the annexe, because obviously those are the same thing right...

I use ...for my frustration and anger at their incompetence.

Yay my new sim arrived, popped in my phone (32 day roll over), switched to the new sim, wait one day for it to update and the next day switched on my phone.

I just need to input the unlock code for the new sim, it should be on the front of the letter, NO!

On the back " if the unlock code is not in the letter, just call virgin mobile...laugh...I live alone I am long term sick and I rely on my mobile to contact GP and hospital etc.

My phone is now locked it can only make SOS calls, SOS calls do not include the hospital departments, just A&E? and ofc irgin mobile is not one of those.

I make about 4 phone calls per month, GP, hospital, Govt department...

So how exactly am I supposed to phone them.

Bought a new 02 sim card, oh but "my mobile" is locked by virgin because of the new sim debacle, I cannot use any other sim.

Seriously Virgin?????

Bought a new phone, 3 phones 5 sims and I finally get through to their technical team automatic options which do not allow for help with a Virgin mobile because it's a different SIM, doh! Really Virgin?

Could one of you peons from Virgin Mobile please respond, I new another new sim from Virgin with an unlock code...

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Silverplaited, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the SIM not arriving as expected - and for any trouble getting in touch about it too I appreciate the phone lines are busier than usual. 

I'm also sorry for the problems you've encountered @Annoyednewsim. I will contact you both via PM to confirm the details & will do all I can to help from there.

Tom 

Annoyednewsim
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorted now, thanks Tom and Melissa.

0 Kudos